Disney's Polynesian Resort is a relaxing tropical paradise, featuring lush vegetation, thatched roofs, koi ponds and white-sand lake beaches and offering a warm, welcoming world that celebrates the spirit of the South Pacific and ensures "Ho'Onanea"—the passing of time in languid tranquility. With 11 2-story and 3-story village longhouses that flank the Great Ceremonial House—built to resemble a royal Tahitian assembly lodge—the Resort has 847 luxurious rooms, decorated with rich tropical colors and furnished in traditional bamboo and rattan.
Inside the Great Ceremonial House, water cascades over craggy volcanic rocks, while coconut palms tower over more than 75 different indigenous species. Also inside is shopping, dining and an awe-inspiring torch-lighting ceremony—a Polynesian welcoming of the night that includes a traditional fire-knife dance, accompanied by authentic drumming and chants. Disney's Polynesian Resort offers a variety of recreation, including the Nanea Volcano Pool, featuring a 40-foot high volcano with a waterfall and tubular waterslide, fishing, boating, waterskiing and parasailing on Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon. Also on the Seven Seas Lagoon, a dazzling, musical Electrical Water Pageant is held nightly. Guests of the Resort also have access to nearby Disney's Grand Floridian Spa and Health Club.
Disney's Polynesian Resort has been designated by the Florida Green Lodging Program, recognizing the Resort's environmentally responsible practices.
Activities for Children: In addition to all the activities mentioned above, there are bike rentals, a 24-hour, high-tech game room and a children's wet-play area located near the Nanea Volcano Pool. Children ages 3-12 can also enjoy the Never Land Club, a supervised activity center that affords parents a carefree night on the town. And children are sure to love a Character Dining breakfast hosted by Lilo & Stitch at the 'Ohana restaurant.
Please Note: Information subject to change.
Rooms & Suites at Disneys Polynesian Resort
- Standard Room with Garden View
- Standard Room with Lagoon View
- Standard Room with Theme Park View
- Club Level with Concierge Service - Standard Room with Garden View
- Club Level with Concierge Service - Standard Room with Lagoon View
- Club Level with Concierge Service - Honeymoon Suite
- Club Level with Concierge Service - One-Bedroom Princess Suite
- Club Level with Concierge Service - 2-Bedroom Princess Suite
- Club Level with Concierge Service - 2-Bedroom Ambassador Suite
- Club Level with Concierge Service - King Kamehameha Suite
Room & Suite Features at Disney's Polynesian Resort
- Cable TV
- Alarm clock
- Climate control
- Private balcony (some rooms)
- Complimentary USA Today newspaper
- Robes (only in Concierge Rooms & Suites)
- Iron, ironing board
- Safety Deposit Boxes (available at Front Desk)
- High-speed Internet access (complimentary for select Suite accommodations; for all other accommodations)*
- Voice Mail
- Microwave (on request)
- Pack 'n Play Playard (on request)
- 2 queen-size beds and a day bed per room (some suites have a king-size bed)
- Room service
Disneys Polynesian Resort Location Information
- Inside Disney World, in Orlando, Florida
- Disney's Polynesian Resort is located across the Seven Seas Lagoon from the Magic Kingdom theme park.
- Orlando International Airport 30 minutes away (MCO)
* Additional Charges May Apply
Activities at Disneys Polynesian Resort
- POOLS - The Nanea Volcano Pool, one of two heated pools at Disney's Polynesian Resort, features a 40-foot high volcano as well as a waterfall and a 142-foot tubular waterslide.
- Relax on white-sand beaches, perfect for sunbathing and sandcastle-building
- Lounge chairs, cabanas and hammocks also make this a great place for viewing the Electrical Water Pageant or the fireworks at Disney's Magic Kingdom theme park area
- Bike Rentals
- Disney's Grand Floridian Spa & Health Club
- Fishing tours
- Jogging Trails
- Moana Mickey's Arcade - both classic arcade games and the latest in video game entertainment. Open 24 hours, it's the perfect place to get your game on.
- Mikala Canoe Club Marina is located at the marina and offers watercraft rentals, including canoes, Sun Tracker pontoon boats, 14-foot Dual Hull sailboats, a 17-foot Boston Whaler Montauk Boat and Sea Raycers by Sea Ray
- Never Land Club Birthday Party
Facilities at Disneys Polynesian Resort
- 2 outdoor pools
- zero depth entry pool
- kids pool
- Disney’s Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show
- full service restaurants
- character dining
- quick service
- room service
- pool bar for drinks and snacks
- fitness centre in nearby Grand Floridian Spa & Health Club
- spa* in nearby Disney Resort
- 4 championship Disney golf courses*
- 24-hour game room
- kids club*
- gift shop
- laundry facilities-self service*/valet*
- free self-parking
- valet parking*
- smoke-free resort
- Babysitting and Child Services
- Concierge assistance at Disney's Polynesian Resort is available to Resort hotel Guests 7 days a week
- Self-parking at Disney's Polynesian Resort is available in front of the Never Land Club and the Great Ceremonial House.
- Laundry services
- High-Speed Internet access - Resort hotel Guests can enjoy high-speed Internet access in their rooms with compatible devices *
- Facilities and Services for Guests with Disabilities
* Additional Charges May Apply
Dining at Disneys Polynesian Resort
- Kona Café - slow-roasted prime rib, macadamia-crusted mahi mahi, noodle bowls and other traditional American fare enhanced with South Sea accents.
- 'Ohana - This tropically-themed restaurant offers a family-style dinner with menu selections influenced by Polynesian dishes, like meats grilled over an oak fire.
- Captain Cook's - Discover specialties such as pastries, burgers, salads, pizzas, fresh fruit, and ice cream treats.
- Kona Island - Located just steps away from the monorail at Disney's Polynesian Resort, enjoy coffee, tea, pastries, and fruit in the morning and for dinner, the menu morphs to sushi each evening—Volcano Roll, Shrimp Tempura Roll, Sashimi, Tuna Poke, and Nigiri. Cocktails, wine, and sake also available.
- Disney's Spirit of Aloha Show - Share an all-you-care-to-eat, family-style dinner and watch a live, South Pacific-inspired show in an open-air theatre that features hula dancers and a fire-knife performer.
- Tambu Lounge - Great Ceremonial House - Appetizers and wine, beer, espresso and cappuccino specialties are available at this cocktail lounge.
Entertainment at Disneys Polynesian Resort
- Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show
- Presented in an open-air dining theatre in Luau Cove, Disney's Spirit of Aloha dinner show is a Polynesian luau feast. This exciting celebration combines traditional music with more contemporary ditties from the animated Disney film Lilo and Stitch, and features dancing that is considered some of the most authentic this side of Hawaii.
* Additional Charges May Apply